Information that we collect from you:
To take advantage of some of the services and products we offer, you might be required to provide us with certain information about yourself by completing certain forms on the website.
We also collect details of your visit to our website and your use of it, to review and analyse market trends and to track sales data. Such data may include the pages you viewed, changes you make to information you supply to us, details of the quotes you request and your transactions, together with details of your financial information such as bank or payment details.
Telephone calls may also be monitored and/or recorded. This will help us to train our staff and improve our service to you.
Sensitive personal data:
We may occasionally ask you to provide sensitive personal data as defined in the Data Protection Act 1998. By proceeding with obtaining a quote, we will take that as your explicit consent to such information being processed by ourselves and the relevant third party product providers.
We collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type using a cookie filer. Cookies help us to improve our website and deliver a better and more personalised service to you. They enable us to personalise your experience on our website, speed up your searches and help us select services or materials for inclusion on the website which may be of interest to you and monitor general traffic patterns and usage of our website to help us to improve our website design and layout.
Most browsers accept cookies automatically, but usually you can alter the settings of your browser to prevent automatic acceptance. If you choose not to receive cookies, you may not be able to use certain features of our website.
The information that is collected by us via cookies is completely anonymous.
How will we use your data?Communication
Where you have given us consent we (or third parties acting on our behalf) may use your personal information for marketing and promotional purposes in the following ways:
- to provide you with the information, products or services that you request from us and/or
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service when you choose to do so; and/or
- to contact you by letter, telephone, SMS or e-mail to inform you about other products and services which may be of interest to you; and/or
- notify you of our news, changes to the website, special events or other services we think may interest you.
If you prefer to opt out of such direct marketing activity, please click here. Alternatively, you will also be given an opportunity to opt out when we send you any marketing emails by clicking on the unsubscribe link in each email.Third Party Providers
In order to provide our services, we need to collect and process personal data about you. As part of using our services and products you consent to us disclosing your personal information to the following parties:
- Third parties, including but not limited to companies who provide the products and services that you enquired about via our website, with a view to providing you with an online quotation for the product and/or service requested by you. When these companies use your data in this way, they will be acting as data controllers of your information and therefore you should view their privacy policies or contact them directly for further information. Some third parties with which we share your information may use it to carry out research such as analysis of market trends and customer demographics and to customise and develop the product/service which they offer to you or other individuals in the future.
- The Financial Conduct Authority and/or other regulatory/governing bodies for the purposes of compliance monitoring.
- Selected other third parties whose products, services or other offers we believe may interest you.
- If you use our Services to search for and compare insurance products, the information you provide may be used to carry out certain credit checks through licensed credit-referencing agencies. This is used as part of the underwriting process for some of the insurance providers and a record of this search will be made although this will not adversely affect your credit profile.
After processing a quote, we may send you a summary of the prices received by email. This is part of our automated service and is a condition of use of our website. We may also contact you by phone to assist with your quotation or contact you about any additional services that may be available directly relating to your quote.
We also may need to disclose your personal information where it is necessary to comply with any applicable laws or to protect ourselves or our users (including exchanging information with other companies for the purposes of fraud protection), or in the event that we sell our business, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective buyer of our business.
If we reasonably believe false or inaccurate information has been provided and fraud is suspected, details may be passed to fraud prevention agencies to prevent fraud and money laundering.
How do we store your personal information and keep it secure?
Keeping information about you secure is very important to us and our website is an Norton by Symantec SSL Secured website. As required by the Data Protection Act 1998, we follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of personal information which you have provided via this website, to prevent unauthorised access. We shall take all reasonable steps to ensure your personal details remain secure.
However, no data transmissions over the internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure and whilst we will do our upmost to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of the information that you disclose to us and you do so at your own risk. The personal information that we collect from you may also be transferred to and stored outside of the European Economic Area.
You may complete a registration process when you sign up to use parts of our website. This may include the creation of a username, password and/or other identification information. Any such details should be kept confidential by you and should not be disclosed to or shared with anyone. Where you do disclose any of these details, you are solely responsible for all activities undertaken on our website where they are used.
You accept the inherent risks of providing information and dealing on-line and will not hold us responsible for any breach of security unless it is due to our negligence or wilful default.
If at any time after you have provided personal information to us and you want to object to your personal data being used by us, you need to let us know by either contacting us at our address: QSM (UK) Ltd, 4 Pedlars Walk, Ringwood, Hampshire BH24 1EZ, or by sending an email to us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will endeavour to process your request as soon as possible, but in some cases it may take us up to 28 days to process your request.
You may request a copy of the information we hold about you. We will be happy to provide you with such information upon request and the payment of £10 in order to cover our administrative expenses in relation to your request.
Updated 30th October 2013.